Montag, 7. Juli 2008

Song Of The Week: Linkin Park - "Leave Out All The Rest"

Every week, I am going to present the "Song of the Week". Sometimes it´s a brand new song, like this one for example, or an older one. I am going to post the lyrics, the video and some background informations. I hope you all enjoy and fell free to leave comments! You also can make some suggestions and maybe your favourite song is the next "Song Of The Week".


Linkin Park - "Leave Out All The Rest"

Facts:
Title: Leave Out All The Rest
Album: Minutes to Midnight
Songwrithers: Chester Bennington, Dave Farrell, Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, Joseph Hahn, Robert Bourdon
Length: 3:25
Premiere: 2nd June 2008 at http://linkinpark.com/
Director: Joe Hahn
Location: Van Nuys, California

“Leave Out All the Rest” is the third track and the fifth and final single from Linkin Park’s third studio album, Minutes to Midnight. The video is directed by bandmate Joe Hahn, the action takes place in a futuristic, sci-fi influenced setting, and will depict what the daily life of the band’s members would be like if they lived in outer space.

Hahn, whose directorial credits include such award-winning videos as LINKIN PARK's "In The End" (2002's VMA "Video of the Year" winner) and "Somewhere I Belong" (2003's VMA "Best Rock Video" winner), as well as music clips for XZIBIT, STORY OF THE YEAR and ALKALINE TRIO, recently made his first foray into directing short films with "The Seed", a short film he produced and directed. Hahn also directed LINKIN PARK videos for the smash hits "What I've Done" and "Bleed It Out" off "Minutes to Midnight".

Explaining about the clip, previously in an interview Joe said to the press, "We're explorers in space, just like when we go on tour. We're leaving our home life behind, and I guess it kind of ties into 'Leave Out All the Rest', in that we have to leave things behind in order to do something better."

Explaining about the song, Linkin Park's lead vocalist Chester Bennington said, "We knew this was going to be a single from the very beginning, so we worked really hard on making sure it had great lyrics. I'm singing 'Pretending someone else can save me from myself' during it because it's supposed to feel like an apology letter, as though I'm moving on but I want people to remember the good things and not the bad things. A lot of the song is about humility."


The band themselves recently confirmed that they already started the work for the following to "Minutes to Midnight" but they won't be releasing it this year. "We're way ahead of the game. We're not planning on releasing a record this year. We don't know when it's going to come out. But we just started working on stuff in the studio," said Chester.
Video:


http://www.mediafire.com/?m55wn1mnwzm (Credits goes to 7Sinz IPod Videos)

Making Of:

Lyrics:

I dreamed I was missing
You were so scared
But no one would listen
Cause no one else cared
After my dreaming
I woke with this fear
What am I leaving
When I'm done here

So if you're asking me I want you to know

When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed
Don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

Don't be afraid
I've taken my beating
I've shared what I made
I'm strong on the surface
Not all the way through
I've never been perfect
But neither have you

So if you're asking me I want you to know

When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed
Don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

Forgetting / all the hurt inside you've learned to hide so well
Pretending / someone else can come and save me from myself
I can't be who you are

When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed
Don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

Forgetting / all the hurt inside you've learned to hide so well
Pretending / someone else can come and save me from myself
I can't be who you are
I can't be who you are


I am sooo in love with this song. This is actually one of my favourite songs ever! What do you think of the video??

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I love this song, too! It was my album favourite at first when "Minutes to Midnight" launched. :)

The video is strange but after all the anti-US gov videos (from the inside, in the end, when i'm done) it's kind of fresh. :) I like it.

Btw: Mal wieder englisch schreiben macht auch Spaß. ;) Check deine Shoutbox.